Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About the circus... (spoilers)  (Read 664 times)

infrequentLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
About the circus... (spoilers)
« on: May 24, 2015, 01:15:56 pm »

More curious than planning to do this (I have logged more hours reading the devlog than playing the game), but -snip- if you open the circus and your fortress crumbles to dust, will traveling troupes of clowns roam the world map to brighten the day of anyone nearby?  In other words:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edited because the original question was badly written after the snip, as seen here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:28:25 pm by infrequentLurker »
Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: About the circus... (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 06:16:49 pm »

Actually, just broke into HFS, definitley *met* a few people DF mode, then retired fort and came back as adventurer... very lonely, I must say... didn't meet anyone but dwarves. I know the guys I met in DF mode were still hanging out though when I retired...
One wheel short of a wagon

Renegade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:59:56 pm »

Once when I unleashed the circus, the clowns entertained all of my dwarves except a lone prisoner in his cell. So I abandoned the fort and went into adventure mode. There were several clowns that had left the fort, wandering the surrounding area.

LordUbik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:07:34 am »

If you let them destroy your fortess, you'll eventually find some clown wandering aimlessy in the surrounding. But they'll not form a "clown army" to attack other sites, at the moment. Probably this will change in the future, but i don't know when that could happen... it would be nice to unleash doom on the world!

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:11 am »

Would be interesting, playing in a world that's slowly dying as they tear down civilization one settlement at a time.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 03:18:14 am »

Fun thing to do on a succession game: retire fort, unleash hell, unretire.
One wheel short of a wagon