Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My dwarf Civilization is lead by a Drunk  (Read 984 times)

Dragoon508

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My dwarf Civilization is lead by a Drunk
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:45:06 am »

So I was minding my own business in my fortress when I noticed a strange trend in the civilization menu. My civilization had a lot of goblins leading forts. My curiosity was peaked to say the least so I saved my game and went to my legends viewer.

The treaty of Clouts was a fairly robust civilization that was fairly peaceful, only four kings which is to be expected in a world with only 125 years of history. Only one war has happened against the elves. But that did not explain how my civilization got this fairly large goblin population. With 3203 dwarves it is a fairly decent sized civilization, but where the heck did these 459 goblins show up from? And how did they end up with leading a good portion of my civilization

So I looked back at the kings and noticed that two of my four kings were goblins. The first Goblin Queen was brought into power in the year 68 where she had a good reign until the year 99 where she was stuck down by a forgotten beast.

Our next Queen was a good old dwarf who died in the year 110 as part of the Conflict of Frenzy against the Elves.

This apparently lead to a period of mourning for the fallen Queen, where in typical dwarven fashion involved lots of drinking. This brings us to the rise of the Goblin Alath Princessstandard. At the tender age of 11 she was grieving very heavily, her older brother and both of her parents died in that war against the blasted elves you see. Whose only dream so far had been to grow up and start a family like her mother did before her. So as a Goblin brought up in Dwarven society she did what any sad dwarf does, drink heavily. I assume at this point she discovered her great love for booze that was greater than most dwarves, as she was given the affectionate title of Drunk. Now dwarves in the Treaty of Clouts apparently value people of great skill, Legendary miners, craftsdwarves that make artifacts, skilled warriors. So it was only natural for the grieving dwarves to greatly admire this child, who has out drank the most robust of the dwarves.

This young girl was too be admired, venerated even. So I assume after much stumbling they raised her up into the air and declared loudly in slurred voices "Let it be known to all, this girl of great fortitude with an auspicious name shall henceforth be known as the Queen of the Treaty of Clouts!"

This was probably met with great cheering and celebration which of course lead to more drinking. Leaving her former home in Stopboulders to live in the capital of Paintedwatchful. Since then she has lead our nation in an era of peace until the year 125 where I started the fortress.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarf Civilization is lead by a Drunk
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:10:44 am »

Implying that not every dwarf civilization is lead by drunk. I mean, how many liters of booze do they chug in a serving ? Five ? Ten ?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarf Civilization is lead by a Drunk
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:38:04 am »

So you're saying that you're starting to understand what DF is really about? 'Grats!