Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Vietnam 65 - Turn 10: Heading South  (Read 2049 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Vietnam 65 - Turn 8: It didnt get a post.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 07:47:01 pm »

Oh I love me some Vietnam '65. I'll snag that tank, if you don't mind.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Vietnam 65 - Turn 8: It didnt get a post.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 08:46:49 am »

Just excuse the delay, there will be some new turns tonight.
Signature goes here.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Vietnam 65 - Turn 10: Heading South
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 07:08:52 pm »

Turn 9: Resupply Operations
Enemy units attempted to interfere with the resupply operation at FOB Alpha using both RPG units and by planting mines near the base.  These attempts were fruitless. Resupply was completed and armor force reached village of Plei Gi without incident. Sheb completed the training of ARVN company Foxtrot which will accompany the Armor Group south to set up the firebase. Bravo and Delta will be heading towards the northern villages with Sheb providing recon support.

Spoiler: End of Turn 9 (click to show/hide)

Turn 10: Heading South
Armor company is moving south without opposition. Intel reports indicate an increase in the number of NVA troops in this sector. The twin offensives on going will surely prove which area is sheltering the NVA advance. Delta is encountering VC near HQ, demonstrating a possible need for more aviation support.

Spoiler: Armor Group (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: End of Turn 10 (click to show/hide)
With 9500 in political capital, I should consider making some purchases. The obvious choice is another helicopter, though of which type is questionable. Less obvious is another Green Beret and while it would come in handy as a scout, I feel I'm a bit over strength on the ground right now.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:07:22 pm by thobal »
Signature goes here.
Pages: 1 [2]