Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dealing with a break up. (See recent posts, just reusing this thread)  (Read 5005 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Thanks man

Prospects are looking nice though wasn't able to go to the movies.
I'm over my Ex and we've kinda settled the tension between us. So that's nice :)

Still trying to figure out if I'm going to do NROTC in college or join the enlisted reserves while in college
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Jo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude.

Officer = better.

There are a lot of things that are dependent on your situation, but goddamn. Officer = better. Ask anyone who knows.

"Is it better to go officer or enlisted?"

Some old timers will look at you funny if you ask. Seriously. Officer. Better. I'm open to being corrected but that's my take. I am trying to think of a metaphor to help. Like would you rather be a king or peasant, something like that.

Man you are doing it right. Yer gonna have a great life. I'm an old jealous dude right now. :-)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks
The reason I might go enlisted then switch to officer would be to see which is worse Bootcamp or OCS just to tell my sister :p or for bragging rights

Jo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's about the same but with different goals. Neither are truly hard because the chance of failure is so low. It's more about the artificial stress they bring. If you understand that the stress is artificial and meant to just make you tough then either one is pretty easy. Even fun once you adjust to being screamed at. It's hard to adjust even though you know when they are screaming in your face trying to make you feel bad that it's all just a method of making you tougher. Tougher so when missiles are flying you aren't breaking down, you've been through stress before.

Just try to remember that in Boot/Basic or OCS. You aren't really a sissy that can't do anything right, they are just saying that to toughen up your mind. And again, hardly anyone fails. You can't really fail, you can quit, but you can't fail. Even if you get injured they'll run you through again.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So if I sign up for officer the job I'm looking at requires stringent screening and a few interviews. Would that happen before or after OCS?  (Ground warfare officer is what I'm looking at if that helps)

Jo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All the interviews happen before OCS. You go through OCS (officer's candidate school) to become an officer but have to go through all of interviews, physicals and everything else prior to going.

ROTC is a program that pays for college and afterward you go into the military as an officer. During college you do all sorts of military stuff. You have to do a bunch of interviews and medicals before being accepted into ROTC as well.

Basically before they accept you you'll have to jump through hoops. The hoops are much easier and faster if you just enlist. They are most extensive and take a few months if you are trying to go officer.

And, as always, officer is better if you can get it.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably going to do NROTC at somewhere then probably

Sadly the college I want to go to does not offer navy ROTC :( so if I go that route I'll be going to a different college
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]