Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting The Elf Genocide  (Read 3427 times)

Felface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Starting The Elf Genocide
« on: November 08, 2009, 08:59:57 pm »

So I've been thinking of starting a fortress on top of an elf civilization and reclaiming the lush forests to a more natural rock formation. Killing the elven leaders and tieing their children to posts in my zoo so the dwarves can mock them through out their miserable lives.

Now these elves start as friendlies. What would the best way to get them hostile towards me? Traps? Catapult fire? Clear cutting? Constructed doom platforms that fall on their druids?

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Starting The Elf Genocide
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

Here is what you do ( the long and effective method ) , hoard all of your tree/animal byproducts into an area of your fort that doesn't get any elf traffic, and buy them out of all of their possessions, and then start to give them tributes.

If you please the elves they'll come back next year as a larger caravan, make sure to stock up on supplies, and troops for D-Day.

After a few years of pleasing them, you should place the depot in a place that is filled with animals remains, and logs.
Be sure to equip a militia with hammers, and place foods and drinks around the depot, make a lock system to make the elves enrage.

It can take you many years to make this set up, so make sure that this depot is inaccessible until it is finished.
When the D-Day comes, lock up the large caravan of elves, and seize all of their goods, after you injure most of the elves set them free, so that they can give their pansy friends a little incentive for them to attack you.

Afterwards you need to continue to displease the elves some more, just that they can get the vibe.

Please elves > They come back as a larger caravan > Stock up on supplies > Prepare nightmare depot > ... Repeat... > Supplies are sufficient > Evil Depot Complete > Open Evil Depot > Large Elven Caravan comes into evil depot > :C > Seize all goods > Lock them up > Enragement > Free the cripples > Elf Civ get's message from cripples > [Insert Displeasement Tactcs] > Repeat > WAR!!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:16:01 pm by Foa »

Felface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:21:30 pm »

But you see the elves are already here. I embarked on a stink hole filled with them. Will it still be a matter of trading with them? or is there an easier way of destroying them from inside their own home?

I have around 65-70 in my current infestation.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:32:45 pm by Felface »

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »

in the words of our lord armok
"pour magma on them" i'm sure i can find a quote of him saying that somewhere

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 10:44:17 pm »

in the words of our lord armok
"Let the fires of the earth cleanse them of their evils!" -Armok

Done.

My idea: clear cut. Keep guards posted around
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Kietharr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 02:36:57 pm »

NPCs tend to be stationary so you can collapse stuff under them. Never played on a retreat myself but if they have buildings the most effective thing to do is undermine their foundations except for one tile, build a support, mine the last tile then link the support to a lever. Pull lever and instant death for anything living in the building.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 03:53:05 pm »

Hummies have buildings, elves don't (yet).

Killing the elves is easy. Bring a creature that breathes fire with you as a pet (felwargs from the GrimDark Dwarves mod work fine) then dig a little "safe pit" and take the fire breather out hunting. The breather should set the place alight. Call all of your dwarves into the "safe pit" and watch as the fire ravages the elven lands, leaving their plants and herbs behind. Bones will also be saved, so you get a head start creating bone goods for the earliest caravan!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Hortun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 07:17:50 pm »

So how would you piss the humans off enough to go to war with you? Just dump magma on them?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »

Simply kill their diplomat or liaison and they should attack you.

Hortun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 07:30:46 pm »

Easy enough. Thanks, argon.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 10:44:10 pm »

Hummies have buildings, elves don't (yet).

Not true. Gen a world and find an elven retreat with a road connecting to it. It will have buildings but its still defined as an elven retreat. Yes, it has been taken over by humans (least, Im pretty sure thats what it means...) but nonetheless it has buildings.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.