Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The Tower Council [NIGHT]  (Read 5638 times)

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower Council [DAY]
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:06 pm »

Maximilian stands and paces back and forth while speaking to insure he faces each of the other members of the Council at least once."My fellow Council members, I understand the necessity of being able to practice your beliefs and not have to worry about being proscuted for them. I can see why the Black Sun Cult would want to petition for the permission to build a temple of worship, and if all others shared my same view I would advocate for its construction. However, there are many in this city who feel threatened by this foreign religion, as it makes its way into our city. And I a man of good faith would hate to see tensions where there can be peace. The citizens of the city are not ready to accept a new religion with open arms and I fear that it may end persecution of the Black Suns. This course of action will lead to violence due to differences in beliefs. Being a man of good morals, I cannot bring myself to allow such a thing to pass, despite how I may feel towards the subject." Maximilian sits back down.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2015, 06:56:17 am »

After more reflections, I think that now is not the time to lower the Dock Tax. Not that I think lowering it would be bad policy, but we simply don't have enough informations. We are dependent on what the Master of Coins tells us, and he has been strangely secretive about the in- and outflows of the Treasury.

Isn't it strange that, as trade is booming and our city has never been more prosperous, the Treasury should be nearly empty? In the meantime, the rumour is that our Master of Coin has been throwing lavish parties in his villa. I am of course certain the Master of Coin is entirely honest, but I know some merchants are expressing doubts.

I think that the Master of Coin ought to present to the Council a report on the state of the Treasury, including tax receipts, outlays and assets. And such report should be done before each session of the Council. If the Council get serious about investigating the state of the Treasury, I am sure the merchants would be glad to accept a 4% tax rate, knowing that they are funding the public good, and not filling private purses.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2015, 08:28:02 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:59:52 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower Council (the more players, the merrier!)
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2015, 03:01:06 pm »

An aide moved up to the Senex Princeps. He listened for a moment, then stood up and struck the floor again, twice this time.

SENEX: "All that had to be said has been said. The sun is past its midpoint. The voting begins now."

Young boys rushed into the chamber, bringing quills and wax tablets for all Towers present.

Afternoon phase begins now. You may vote Yes or No on any/all of two Issues that were presented. Those that do not vote will be counted as if they Abstained. It is now 10:01pm local time and voting ends betwen 10:01am and 10:01pm local time tomorrow!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »

Nay on both subjects.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2015, 03:12:01 pm »

Nay to both of the proposals.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2015, 03:24:01 pm »

NAY and NAY

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2015, 03:55:50 pm »

NAY AND NAY
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2015, 05:47:16 pm »

Nay and Aye.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2015, 08:41:43 pm »

Nay and Nay
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2015, 08:54:26 pm »

NAY and NAY
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2015, 11:46:15 pm »

No and No

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2015, 04:44:11 am »

Nay to the Cult and Abstain to the Tax

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2015, 05:07:34 am »

Nay,
Abstain
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower Council [NIGHT]
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2015, 04:19:58 pm »

The voting process have been completed, and the results have been announced:

Lower Sea Customs Tax from 4% to 3.5%:

YES: 3  NO: 31  ABSTAIN: 7

Allow Cult of the Black Sun to build a Temple inside City Walls:

YES: 6  NO: 26  ABSTAIN: 9

Senex Princeps stood up.

SENEX: "The votes has been counted and the results are clear - it is the will of this Council that the tax shall not be lowered, and the foreigners will not be allowed to construct a temple inside the walls of Ragona. It is time to end the Council for today."

//It is now Night Phase. You may now send Hidden Actions to the GM (Haspen), whichever they might be. It is 11:19pm local time and the night phase should end about 11:19am tomorrow. The thread will be locked for the duration of the Night. I will post in the thread once I shall stop accepting Hidden Actions and start processing them. When that's done, waitlisters will join the Council, I will send Pre-Day messages, and the new Day shall start.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]