Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Were Creatures and.... Time Paradoxes?  (Read 1205 times)

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
Were Creatures and.... Time Paradoxes?
« on: May 17, 2015, 10:52:24 am »

Ok, so two of my dwarfs have been infected with werecurses. The first one to be infected when I looked at his info screen was showing him to be 281 years old. I thought that was odd, and maybe he had just been an exceptionally peaceful vampire, but nope, his wife was also in the fortress and she was in her 140s. (dwarfs as far as I know can only marry dwarfs within around 10 years of their own age).

So I chalked this up as an oddity.

The next werecurse infected dwarf happened a year later, and at first I kicked myself for neglecting to check his info page before he turned to confirm if he had "aged" at all. So I loaded up an earlier save, and bam. After infection he was listed as 288  years old. Before, he was 30.

I don't know if this has been noticed by anyone else, but my dwarfs seem to be being infected by time paradoxes that just incidentally have the side effect of turning them into werebeasts. :P

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Were Creatures and.... Time Paradoxes?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:11:59 am »

Maybe that's in wolf years.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:30:47 am »

Maybe that's in wolf years.

Hehe. Well one was a wererat and the other some variety of lizard (I forget)

I like to think they fall through some kind of distortion in the fabric of the universe and live through a chaos of non-linear time when they transform, and that's why they're aggressive, it drives them insane. :P

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:43:29 am »

Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 11:45:55 am »

I believe it's this

114 million years. Wow.

Well I created this world in 40.24, so I can atleast confirm that the bug still occurs in worlds created after 40.07, as the world example in that bug report was created in that version.