Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hacking - civ lacks knowledge for making high boots!?  (Read 2695 times)

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking - civ lacks knowledge for making high boots!?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »

High boots and shirts are the only two from that list that I ever notice it for, but that's likely because I rarely if ever make any of the other listed items. Is it known what causes those items availability to vary between different civilizations of the same entity? It doesn't bother me that there is some variation of that sort, but a quick glance at the entity raws doesn't show any obvious reason why boots and shirts are sometimes unavailable but breastplates always are.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 04:24:09 pm »

High boots and shirts are the only two from that list that I ever notice it for, but that's likely because I rarely if ever make any of the other listed items. Is it known what causes those items availability to vary between different civilizations of the same entity? It doesn't bother me that there is some variation of that sort, but a quick glance at the entity raws doesn't show any obvious reason why boots and shirts are sometimes unavailable but breastplates always are.

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT:COMMON]

If COMMON there is FORCED and there are other pieces of equipment that fill the same niche, it will not always show up. Breastplates are the only piece of armor that fills the niche of non-chain metal armor, so it will always show up, even if COMMON is replaced with RARE. If you replace low boots' COMMON with RARE, you'll get high boots almost always, low boots sometimes and you will rarely not have high boots.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 04:35:27 pm »

Thank you for the explanation. I'd wondered about that for a while now.
Pages: 1 [2]