Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs not hauling after reclaim  (Read 608 times)

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfs not hauling after reclaim
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:07:33 pm »

Hi,

to get it out of the way: YES I did remove the forbidden brackets. And I know how (d-b-c).

I started a Fortress and after a while noticed I had chosen the wrong dwarven civilization. So I abandoned it and reclaimed the site with my chosen one. (Why I chose to do this is not relevant)
So I started reclaiming workshops beds ect. Then objects outside the fort. for a while everything was ok then I noticed that I got Idlers. I thought wtf? Looked at dwarf therapist and yes I have idlers doing nothing. Not partying or anything. So I thought lets play on maybe its sorts itself out. But it didn't. I at one point allowed every scattered item on the map of which there are still a lot, and nothing. My dwarfs won't touch them.

Has it to do with it being another civ that reclaimed the spot? I am at the end of my wits. Why isn't this working????

Please help its annoying.

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs not hauling after reclaim
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

Also I seem to have abandoned the fortress while there were merchants present.

They still roam around (for around a year now, I did get a normal caravan in addition at the right time which left again). Could it be that all the scattered stuff is their "merchandise" which is why my dwarves ignore it? The Trade Depot is empty though and I can't "claim" anything there.

P.S.: Dumping doesn't work either.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:46:06 pm by Durin01 »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 07:53:43 pm »

All of the items in the fortress will be forbidden when you reclaim, so dwarves will pretend they don't exist. You'll have to unforbid the items from the designations menu.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:12:51 am »

If you have TWBT you just may have unforbidden the wrong z-level. Or you did unforbid and marked everything for dumping, while having no garbage dump zone (if you made one, make sure you did - there is another button for this zone type now :D). Just go d-b-c and d-b-D over entire map, including all z-levels to make sure. Furthermore, dwarves will not dump items on above-ground tiles, until you specifically tell them through o-r-o.
Also, note that there are no more stockpiles upon reclaim, so unless you make new ones they will not store anything. Same goes for farm plots.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:07 am »

All of the items in the fortress will be forbidden when you reclaim, so dwarves will pretend they don't exist. You'll have to unforbid the items from the designations menu.
He said he unforbid things.

I don't even know what's going on there, upload a save?

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 04:03:33 pm »

I am amazed that even though I specifically wrote I know how to unforbid items there still was a post about that, or was Orange Wizard trolling?

Diamond I allowed gather refuse outside just now, but they still don't touch the items I marked for dumped. Thanks for the tipp anyway.

here is the savefile 4maskwolf, maybe you can make sense of the situation. I would really appreciate it.

http://www.filedropper.com/haulingproblems (I renamed the folder so you would find it easier, just unzip in your savegame folder)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:05:31 pm by Durin01 »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 08:52:03 am »

Yeah I know how to unzip things, but I can't actually mess with it right now 'cause I'm at school.