Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GTA 5 on windows 10 technical preview  (Read 1856 times)

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GTA 5 on windows 10 technical preview
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:10:43 am »

So, some background: I had windows 8.1.  I played gta 5 onlnie a lot and really liked it. Ran very smooth, 60 fps, with high or ultra on all settings. Windows 8.1 was ok, but the app screen made me angry. So, i installed classic shell. About 2 days ago, i heard about this nice, nice free windows 10 upgrade- so i go and download it after uninstalling classic shell ( figured that might derp things somehow).
Now, however, even when i have every setting on gta to absolute minimum, i get a stuttering, unplayable ~15-20 fps. I have an i7, 16 gb ram, a ssd, and an nvidia 860m. I've tried changing it to every variation of directx version xxx, with no luck. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, also no luck. Anyone got any tips? I'm considering just reverting to 8.1, but I'd like to avoid doing that.
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GTA 5 on windows 10 technical preview
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:15:10 am »

Windows 10 isn't actually out yet. That technical preview is basically the public alpha, so...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 11:14:48 am »

It's probably not playing nice with your video drivers.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 05:23:04 pm »

Nvidia and AMD have not released beta drivers with support for Windows 10, revert back to your original OS and just wait for a couple of months.

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:32 am »

Nvidia and AMD have not released beta drivers with support for Windows 10, revert back to your original OS and just wait for a couple of months.
Yep, that's exactly what i ended up doing. Thanks for the good explanation :)
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.