Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is fire poof armor possible?  (Read 2715 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Is fire poof armor possible?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 05:09:11 pm »

Isn't it possible to use a contact syndrome to temporarily change the ignition point of dwarven skin?

Nope. Syndromes aren't a fully-fleshed-out system. You can add a few set tags to a critter, or change the critter into a completely different critter, or give them one of a set of symptoms. You can't change their materials without changing them into a completely different critter.
And changing them to a completely new creature isn't viable for fireproof armor because there'd be no good mechanism for turning them back, also you'd get an announcement pausing and recentering the game every time somebody puts on some armor.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 01:40:32 am »

Too bad it sounds like it either wouldn't work or just be a way to permanently turn the dwarf into something else.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 01:51:53 pm »

Plus uh, I'm not sure about fort mode, but I know when I've played with stuff that transforms my adventurer I shed all my gear in a nice neat little pile on the ground.

Shame since I learned something new and almost too ‼exciting‼ earlier.

It works great to do things like give megabeasts tougher bone and skin materials.
It works great to do things like add in a bit of variety in the types of lairs various beasts use.
It works great giving dragons a certain chance of showing up in a shrine instead of a hidey-hole.
It works great giving dragons tags like, [FLIER], [INTELLIGENT], [CAN_SPEAK], [POWER], and so forth.

It works really well, so well that I drove myself crazy because I had a blind-spot over the shrines before I remembered that's why I didn't find them in the usual types of lairs. In fact I kinda forgot about the part where I added in those tags Since I was so happy about finally tracking one down, so when it introduced itself I dumbly responded... and noticed that it disappeared somehow mid-conversation, like literally vanished into thin... air... oh shi-

*dragon lands a couple squares away from me, vomits fiery deathburningness at me and charges through the flames in an incredibly bad-ass fashion while I'm sitting there trying to carry on a conversation with it*

Happily my shield was ready, and double happily you may noticed that shrines don't have grass in them, otherwise that would have been a lot more awkward trying to keep him from snipping my arms and legs off when I couldn't freely move onto/through a bunch of burning grass tiles. T.T
Pages: 1 [2]