Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hive wasp gameplay questions  (Read 779 times)

Bonded Gunner

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
hive wasp gameplay questions
« on: April 15, 2015, 04:20:26 pm »

in adventure mode, if i play as a hive-mind queen(wasp) am i able to lay wasp eggs?
and if not is there a way to make it so i can?...without it being severely broken?
I was kind of hoping to be able to embark as an adventurer,
go to a town,settlement,hamlet ,etc.
build a small..."hive" inside,outside or  around the town in adv.fort mode
then lay some eggs and start infecting the local towns people

and expand the parasitoid hive outward and across the land like a cancerous paper mache tendril of DOOM...and paper

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hive wasp gameplay questions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:56:20 pm »

You might want to post wasp-related questions and suggestions directly in the topic for them, you will have much more chances that the people working on it and knowledgeable about it would see it and answer it.

The race being still under work, I doubt it could be done right away, but it should be possible to make it so that you infect people, and create companions that way.
Not exactly what you said, but adventure mode is really limited in what is possible, compared to fortress mode, especially in building and commanding people.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: hive wasp gameplay questions
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:16:26 pm »

unfortunately, you can't. the spawn unit script won't run in adventure mode and even if it did the eggs would not be under your control (since adventurers can't have pets or cattle for the time being). they would not even be recruitable party members (since they aren't sentient). and even if you could, the egg hatching and the larva infecting someone takes several months in game, so you would die of boredom before you had your first wasp.

the closest I can think that could be done would be to give them an interaction similar to what necromancers use to raise zombies, but it would not be an an actual wasp, and more importantly it might also mess fortress (which is the main focus) mode pretty badly.