Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.  (Read 9456 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2015, 07:43:28 pm »

I don't understand why people don't run prophet games like god games. You've got a source of divine power and need more followers in your religion to be able to do more badass things. The only difference is instead of needing the followers for direct power you need them to get noticed by the power.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »

What about a game that you are the Grandmaster of an order? Sort of like the Teutonic Knights only with some magic as Knights, Magicians, and spies come together to fight off cultists. The GM (Grandmaster) would control what the order will do.

For example will it help their King conquer new lands to raise it's prestige and favour among the King? Or will it arrest a dangerous cult leader who happens to be the Kings half brother? Intrigue could definetly be a part of it and there could be other orders with a different take on god (but not heretics or foreigners) that will compete with you.

The order would have to appeal the peasants, local lords, King, and of course the church they are affiliated with.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]