Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would one mod a custom workshop built from an item inside container?  (Read 698 times)

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets say I'd like to build a sand castle.

Code: [Select]
[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:SAND_CASTLE]
   [NAME:Sand Castle]
   [NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
   [DIM:1:1]
   [BUILD_LABOR:BUILD_CONSTRUCTION]
   [WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
   [BLOCK:0]
   [TILE:0]
   [COLOR:0]
   [TILE:1]
   [COLOR:1]
   [TILE:2]
   [COLOR:2]
   [TILE:3]
   [COLOR:3]
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:SAND][MIN_DIMENSION:150]

As in the example, if I make it require sand as a building material do I (like custom reactions) also need to specify that the material is found in a container? If I don't, will the material be removed from the container when retrieved?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's a bit complicated, because the BUILD_MAT are not as nicely written as the REAGENTs in reactions. You can not take items inside a container. If you try just to take the item, the game will be too literally minded to find it, because it only finds a container with it, not the item without container.

So you cant build a sand castle from bags filled with sand. Nor can you use sand without the bag.

You can add a reaction to the craftsman shop to use a bag with sand to make a custom buildmat, for example a tool or boulder, which you can use as buildmat for your sandcastle. That's the best solution. Or take sandstone boulders. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::