Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Based upon your own ethical reasoning, is it better for humanity to continue under the Imperium or to become one with Chaos?

Imperium
- 24 (77.4%)
Chaos
- 7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Fictional Philosophy: Let The Galaxy Burn  (Read 5946 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Fictional Philosophy: Let The Galaxy Burn
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »

Naaah, probably not even close, for that last bit -- remember there's quite a few major warp entities that aren't chaos, and plenty of unaligned daemons and whatnot. For all chaos is the big boys on the block, they're not even remotely the only ones. Full Warp outflow would likely entail chaos in one corner, G&M in another (or several different ones, whatev'), the eldar junk in a third, corpseboy in a forth, 'nids and 'crons screwing around in some corner or another, and probably a whole host of new players of various strength and reach. It'd be pretty messy, and there'd be a lot of different folks on the ground, not just spikeyboyz. Imperium folding rapidly might even spawn some new warp gods, even beyond the one they've already got stuck in a chair.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 09:15:03 pm »

Well, there's the belief that whether you're talking about Khorne, Nurgle, or some unnamed or once used benevolent Warp entity, it's all Chaos. There might be a sublime entity of love, safety, not-eating-you, but somehow I imagine it's the kind of thing that comes with a price. If Chaos lives up to our imaginations, it can't be relatable in a way that makes us comfortable, I feel. That's the real terror, is its inhumanity. For all the bad stuff the Imperium does, we can still understand it on a human level, except maybe the scale.

It's sort like my growing problem with a lot of fantasy pantheons of gods, is that there's a "nice God of love" or something to that effect. Something your average person can go "yeah, I can get behind that." Which is what I find appealing about 40k and Chaos is, it tries to do away with that notion of a dimensional being you can be friendly with, that won't take your existence and turn it completely inside out. (They then precede to ruin this effort via the fiction :P) Which, again, coming from a conservative perspective, I generally like the human experience generally as it is.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2015, 12:59:41 am »

Yeah, I play Chaos, and I picked the Imperium for this one.
Because it doesn't matter how doomed your choice is, only that it's the right one.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2015, 05:56:20 am »

The orks most certainly do care. An ork usually has two main ambitions:
1. More Dakka
2. 'etter Fightin'
Humanity, for better or worse, is the current dominant species in the Milky Way. When Orks attack human worlds they come out of the woodwork like ants to fight the orks. Humans, like orks, love to fight. In short, the Imperium is the best thing to happen to them since the Necrons went to sleep.
So at the heat death of the universe there will only be Kriegsman and Orks? Sounds about right.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]