Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack and buildings  (Read 951 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
DFHack and buildings
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:22:59 am »

I want to make a mod for Rock Raiders, which is in a lot of ways a sort of Ur-DF: it's gameplay is simulation-esque, it features mining and incredibly stupid minions that like to walk over lava, etcetera etcetera. Now, there are two important features of Rock Raiders that I can't figure out how to duplicate using raw modification alone: RR's geology system and the power system.

Rock Raiders has a geologist profession and a geology station. Can a dfhack script be used to make the area around certain buildings and/or civ members become visible, even if unmined?

There's a power station in Rock Raiders. Can a dfhack script be used to "activate" a building only if it's connected to the power station via other buildings or directly?

Also, if one gives the "wagon" creature and the wagon pulling creatures the [FLIER] token, will those on board fall off of the "wagon" if it tries to fly?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack and buildings
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:18:49 am »

1. Yes.
2. I think so, but I can't find anything about it.
3. I don't think so.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:35:27 am »

Thanks!
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 07:43:49 am »

I think the building-hacks plugin can do something like that, but you could ask Warmist (I'm not sure how well it's documented).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.