Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 787 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I don't understand
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:13:18 pm »

I don't understand how the custom building tile tags work.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

Have you looked at another mod to see an example of how it works?

I'm not sure that I can explain it better than the wiki if I try to explain from scratch

Specifies the characters used to represent the custom building. The first parameter is the building stage, varying from 0 (awaiting construction) to N (completed) where N is between 1 and 3, the 2nd parameter is the row number, and each subsequent parameter is a character number (or literal character enclosed in 'quotes').

But maybe it's easier to answer if you can say which part are you stuck on?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:49:06 pm »

If it is the colouring or tile selection for different parts of the workshop that you are having trouble with, I would recommend using the Custom Workshop Workshop.

You can load different tilesets into it, and select different tiles, colours, and so on. It can designate the tile worked in, tiles that cannot be walked on, and can output the design in raw format for you to copy and paste into your building file.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 10:18:02 pm »

using the vanilla screwpress as an example

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:SCREW_PRESS]
   [NAME:Screw Press]
   [NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
   [DIM:1:1]
   [WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
   [BUILD_LABOR:MECHANIC]
   [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_P]
   [BLOCK:1:0]
   [TILE:0:1:207]
   [COLOR:0:1:0:7:0]
   [TILE:1:1:207]
   [COLOR:1:1:MAT]
   [BUILD_ITEM:2:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

this workshop is just a 1x1 so it's easier for me to reference without a huge list of tile and color commands

so [DIM:1:1] this sets how "big" it should be via X and Y (width and Height)

[WORK_LOCATION:1:1] this is where a creature will have to stand to "use" this building (note make sure this location is not blocked via [BLOCK:1:column]) also 1:1 is upper left, so if you had a 5x5 building 3:3 would be the middle (3rd row, 3rd column)

[BLOCK:row:column state] this will make a location "impassible" to land based creatures if the column state is "1".
[TILE:build state:row:char to fit column] build state is "0" which is what it looks like at its initial "placement" (you don't need anymore, but if you have progressive things you can make it take longer (more states) or just as soon as someone gets the stuff and assembles it (1 state)
[COLOR:build state:row:MAT or fg:bg:b] this is obviously the color of the tile at a buildstate, row and its columns

now as a visual example here is a table of what say a 3x3 workshop would look like:

BLOCK
TILE
COLOR
X'+'X
'+''+''+'
X'+'X
2:0:0MAT2:0:0
MATMATMAT
2:0:0MAT2:0:0

In this example the 4 corners are blocked and will be green X's while the passable part
which makes a plus symbol will look like +'s that are colored out of whatever
the first building material is (A Granite Block will make them a dark grey, Cobalt blue, cinnabar red)

and the raws would look like:
Code: [Select]
[DIM:3:3]
[BLOCK:1:1:0:1]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:0]
[BLOCK:3:1:0:1]
[TILE:0:1:'X':'+':'X']
[TILE:0:2:'+':'+':'+']
[TILE:0:3:'X':'+':'X']
[COLOR:0:1:2:0:0:MAT:2:0:0]
[COLOR:0:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:0:3:2:0:0:MAT:2:0:0]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:20:06 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 08:41:19 am »

Thank you so much, I was really having trouble with the tile selection. Thank you so much for suggesting the workshop workshop blackflyme, and thanks to you hugo_the_dwarf for the great explanation.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

You know, it would have saved me a LOT of time if I'd known about the MAT argument when I was designing my mod...

Live and learn.  Then get bathed in magma.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map