Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advice Requested--Steam Sale  (Read 801 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advice Requested--Steam Sale
« on: March 14, 2015, 10:19:16 am »

I am looking for a bit of quick advice--figure the Bay 12 community is usually pretty reliable.

Steam has the X Series on sale until Monday.  Is it worth my while buying?  I understand that X Rebirth is supposed to be pretty glitchy, although it is still getting updates and patches.  What about the older versions?  I really love sandbox space exploration-I loved Freelancer, and Sid Meiers Pirates as well.

Any advice?  Thanks.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advice Requested--Steam Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 10:23:55 am »

We have a thread just for these kind of questions. And just so happens that the last page is mostly about the X series games:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79743.msg6096212#msg6096212

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 11:32:59 am »

Thanks, Delta.  Took my question there.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 12:13:38 pm »

Thanks for making this thread, I wouldn't have noticed this sale otherwise.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.