Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode, Healing in between travels  (Read 607 times)

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode, Healing in between travels
« on: August 27, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »

I just got killed by Oqui Rasissha, a former allied maceman, that I had defeated earlier in honorable combat.  The initial confrontation started after I accidently mashed the wrong button and swung my my hammer at him while he was fighting off three wolves.  He was able to dodge the blow; but, after the wolves were smitten, he engaged a long-winded dialog of how many people he had killed and how I was next for my treachery.  I figured I could take him; however, I recalled reading that killing a member of a town sends a telepathic shout; thereby aligning the members of that town against you.  SO I decided to use wrestleing to incapacitate him and leave him behind.  I grabbed him by his weapon arm, took him down, sprained and broke his left upper leg.  I walked off, leaving him there.  It wasn't until the next random encounter on the overwold that I realised  I had made a mistake. There a defeated foe, Oqui Rasissha, stood before me: automagically healed; and he proceeded to beat my ass.

I realise that healing broken bones on travels was implemented for convinience; however, this time it made me wish it was not a feature.    :(

Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode, Healing in between travels
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 01:35:00 am »

Actually, it's not so much a feature as the lack of a feature, because the scaarring system etc. isn't in place yet.

Just like how you automatically lose hunger when you take a step as well.

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode, Healing in between travels
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 10:24:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by LordNagash:
<STRONG>the scaarring system etc. isn't in place yet.</STRONG>

I guess I need to read through the bloats carefully next time.  Glad there is going to be a scarring system.  
 :)
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.