Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble With Reactions  (Read 617 times)

A_Cuter_Triangle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trouble With Reactions
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:21:26 pm »

Hi, guys.  I am trying to learn how to mod, so I made a custom workshop to make hammocks.  The dwarves are able to build the workshop, but the possible reactions do not show up when I 'q' the building.  Following is my building, entity permissions, and reactions.  Any suggestions?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, is there any way to make the building color match the material color and use the appropriate labor (e.g., a mason if a stone is selected?)

Thanks in advance.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble With Reactions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:17 pm »

A few questions, as I do not see anything wrong.

Have you been creating new worlds as you've altered the raws?
Are the raws that you've posted here all in the appropriate files, with the correct headings?
Have you double checked that everything was inserted properly in the entity file?

I believe replacing the colour with MAT will make it change the space's colour to that of the building primary material.
I do not know if there is a way to make it require a labour based on the material, but I believe you can define multiple labours that are eligible to build the workshop.

A_Cuter_Triangle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:35:12 pm »

I have been regenning.  The building is just at the end of the building_custom file.  The permissions are in the middle of the mountain entity.  The complete building file is included.  I'm not sure if the headers are right or not.  I just have the file name text and the [OBJECT:REACTION] line as the other files have.  Thanks for your help!

A_Cuter_Triangle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 08:43:05 pm »

Yay!  It's working.  I had some repeated things at the end of my building from copy-pasting that I didn't notice.  I will experiment with changing the color now.  Thank you for your suggestions.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:08 am »

May I ask what the hammocks do?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:32:31 am »

Beds.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 09:40:52 am »

May I use your reactions in my mod? I will name a creature, or a weapon, or a material, or whatever you want, after you.
EDIT:nevermind
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:03:37 am by Urist McCoder »