Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retiring forts and the Mountain King  (Read 818 times)

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retiring forts and the Mountain King
« on: February 21, 2015, 10:53:50 pm »

I'm sure you can infer my question from the topic.  If I retire a fort that has become the capitol and start another fort, will that fort have the opportunity to become the capitol (assuming it's the same civilization)?  And if it does, after retiring that fort and assuming control of the old one, will the king be gone from the old one?

Cheers
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Retiring forts and the Mountain King
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 11:12:19 pm »

Yes, your new fort can become the capitol. Your old retired fort isn't treated any differently than the capitol that existed during worldgen originally. As to reclaiming your old fort, I've never tried reclaiming a retired fort that once had a king, but I'd assume he'd be gone from that fort in the circumstance you describe. I know that if you reclaim a retired fort after playing other forts or adventure mode to pass a few years of time, you will find that some of your dwarves may have migrated away and new dwarves may have migrated to your fort while you were gone.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 04:58:42 am »

I find it turns out that many of the dwarves I relied upon to get things sodding done have left for better climes... Meanwhile the gelder and the soapmaker and his cat fetish have stayed. Sigh. ....And yet the gelder hasn't done his job, and there are kittens EVERYWHERE.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:13:27 am »

Thanks guys!
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.