Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Schizophrenic dwarves?  (Read 985 times)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Schizophrenic dwarves?
« on: February 16, 2015, 03:25:52 am »

It seems like some dwarves have two different personalities. I just had a migrant who

"is completely put off by the idea of friends" AND "has a tendency towards forming deep emotional bonds with others" at the same time.

Anyone else confused? Let's hear from your schizophrenic Urists!

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
Re: Schizophrenic dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:44:35 am »

I had a dwarf the other day that was described as insisting on order and organization the other day, but also was sloppy and disorderly with his possesions.  I checked, and sure enough the crap in his bedroom was overflowing into the hall (though I think the room designation overflowed, I'm lazy about that), despite owning a cabinet and a chest.  I gave him another cabinet, and hopefully he will get the point.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 03:08:08 pm »

It seems like some dwarves have two different personalities. I just had a migrant who

"is completely put off by the idea of friends" AND "has a tendency towards forming deep emotional bonds with others" at the same time.

Anyone else confused? Let's hear from your schizophrenic Urists!
Your dwarf's personality simply includes a low belief in FRIENDSHIP, combined with an above-average EMOTIONALLY_OBSESSIVE facet. It seems unintuitive in terms of human psychology, but the game views these two as completely separate traits.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:58 pm »

The deep emotional bonds are hatred and loathing.