Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Alliance: Console launch live! First PC/PS4 crossplay game  (Read 5878 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if the crowbar is recent or not. I ignored it myself until a captain asked me to take it and babysit his hull armor, and it totally rocks. Basically, it adds an extra 312 armor points to the part you use it on, but as a separate health bar. While that is decreasing you can be adding another layer ready to take its place. This means that in a situation where you are taking continuous medium damage, it is still possible to keep a part alive by wacking it with a crowbar fast enough (with occasional taps from a repair tool when you don't quite make it).

Basically it allows you to preemptively repair critical parts without worrying about the part repair cooldown. The buff hammer's extra health pool does not compare.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Holy shit, yeah, that's... Pretty ridiculous. Does the temporary health bar get depleted by engine tools instead of the propeller's actual health? If so then you could just prebuff the props and slam the buff into action when you need to get away. If it's a fixed health value regardless of component, that would be absurd compared to the normal prop health...

And that also means you can repair something while you're repairing it... Need to work out the effective armor/second of buffing something with the crowbar (312 health over X hits at Y swing rate...) and see how monkey + crowbar matches in total effectiveness vs. the mallet for patching up armor during a fight.

Smells nerf-worthy, honestly.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

The Dynabuff, I think, is still useful, but you're going to want it on guns and engines, definitely not the hull. Still it seems the armor kit is essential to the meta right now, you do really need at least one engineer to bring it.

I'm also a big fan of the failsafe kit, if you're a gunner. Just pop it on and keep shooting instead of stopping your attack to repair. Combine it with heat sink clips and you only need an engineer's attention to the guns if they break entirely (leaving the engineer to keep the hull armored).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Does the temporary health bar get depleted by engine tools instead of the propeller's actual health?
Yup :) And any fire pulls from the temporary health first as well.

I was on a ship once where both engineers brought one, and at one point we were both wacking away on the hull at the same time when we accidentally wandered into a sticky situation. The amount of damage we could negate was amazing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:12:16 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

Had some great matches tonight with Milo and Sensei. Going to take this time to remind people who are interested in checking out the game that I have some spare keys to give away.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]