Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon mod, need some advice.  (Read 5132 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon mod, need some advice.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 07:42:50 pm »

I remember there being special foods giving benefits upon consumption in the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod. Evolution based or partially based on consumption of rare foodstuffs could be an option.
Since pokemon have to eat and cannot be easily be induced to eat, evolving after X number of rare meals could be an alternative system.

If evolution is triggered by kills, non-military pokemon will seldom evolve unlesss the player is working the system. That could become very micro-management heavy if someone wants to evolve all the pokemon in their fort.
Well that script with the classes and experience can also make performing certain reactions give experience. I'm not exactly sure what reactions would make sense for pokemon gaining experience, but it could be done.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:14 pm »

Can Roses' script tie transformations to reaching a certain level in any one of many possible skills?
If so, you could make evolution happen when the poke reaches a certain level in any one of several jobs.  An 'expert' fighter will reach its first evolution, but so will an 'expert' carpenter.

Perhaps certain species (castes?) would have a greater affinity for particular tasks, and would evolve when reaching a particular level in that profession.  All of them could evolve through fighting, but rock-types could also evolve through masonry, grass-types through woodcrafting, fire-types through working the forge.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 07:40:40 pm »

This sounds cool.
I was a big fan of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and every now and again I'll pop Red Rescue Team into my old GameBoy Advance.
PTW.
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 [2]