Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: What is everyone's favorite Fallout and Elder Scrolls games (If you play them)  (Read 9333 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Now the big question
Where will the next fallout game be set?
I want a Fallout game set in China. Lets see the OTHER side of the world wide fuckup.

And without mods the magic of Skyrim was fucking terrible. Not only was EVERY spell meant for killing stuff, but they didn't scale at ALL. A full on fireball had barely any dps advantage over the default flamethrower spell, and once you leveled up a bit it becomes obvious they will all be the same strength forever, meanwhile a warrior character gets their third daedric weapon that kills the world in one hit...

They weren't even useful for ranged combat like in Oblivion. In Oblivion I would slash up close things and tap a button to fry things not up close.
In Skyrim you slash up close things, then switch your hands to magic, then charge your magic, then get stabbed by the bandit leader that isn't far away anymore.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

But you can dual-wield magic spells! Isn't that cool? I mean, I know they had to use the magic button for shouts, but those are a necessary feature that totally couldn't have been taken care of by turning them into special powers with separate cooldowns.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Skyrim combat magic: I have lightning bolts in both hands and I throw four of them at my opponent before he closes on me and I instantly switch to a melee weapon and finish him off.

Oblivion combat magic: I cast a spell which instantly kills anything with less then two hundred health for a minimal amount of magicka. From range. Like a machine gun because I use my dagger blocking animation to cut the casting animation short.

Morrowind combat magic: I attempt to cast Fireball on my opponent, fail the first spell and am still casting the second when the enemy is closing in on me. The second Fireball hits my opponent, but he staggers me midway through me drawing my weapon and I take several more hits before I can take out my weapon and stab him to death.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Skyrim combat magic: I have lightning bolts in both hands and I throw four of them at my opponent before he closes on me and I instantly switch to a melee weapon and finish him off.

Oblivion combat magic: I cast a spell which instantly kills anything with less then two hundred health for a minimal amount of magicka. From range. Like a machine gun because I use my dagger blocking animation to cut the casting animation short.

Morrowind combat magic: I attempt to cast Fireball on my opponent, fail the first spell and am still casting the second when the enemy is closing in on me. The second Fireball hits my opponent, but he staggers me midway through me drawing my weapon and I take several more hits before I can take out my weapon and stab him to death.
Morrowind combat was great.  I don't get why people hate it.
  Granted, critical misses and misses were the same thing, and the hitboxes were wonky, and arrows would follow terrain slope, but morrowind combat was fun.  You really felt that progression.

Not the recoil part.  It was straight up dangerous to switch weapons or magic in combat.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

I just remember the highest level spells all sucking; that they took a very long time to cast and didn't do much more than the lower level spells.

With magic items to reduce your casting costs, Lightning Storm basically shot a giant death laser forever.

Yeah, but it took about a minute to cast and by that time you're already dead.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]