Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD  (Read 10860 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2015, 05:39:31 pm »

"A most wise course of action my lord, I'll see what I can do to get the girls to meeting with your family, but for now I think I must excuse myself. I do believe I have arrangements to make for the restoration of Si'kar, good my lord."

With that Aileen stood, and bowed before turning to leave the room. Today had turned out quite different to how she'd expected ...

------

"Hmmm, Adrian de Treming? Wasn't he the former treasurer whose House partially fail out of favor since I joined the Imperial Domain?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2015, 07:39:47 pm »

"The very one, bloody traitor. Basically, what that coward did was cause a schism in the house for... well, fuck knows why. He lost a lot of house support the minute he threw his hat in with the church's lot, and only really served to cause him to lose any grip he had on the majority of the house holdings than anything of value.

Of course, that'll all insignificant to the fact that his holdings have now devolved into an imperial fief after him falling from grace. Upon house Azores domain..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2015, 04:27:51 pm »

Spoiler: Revised Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:19:31 pm by adwarf »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2015, 11:11:03 am »

The Events that transpired at the Azores family compound on the Imperial Capital are blurry and most records have been destroyed. But what is known is that Inquisition, House Al-Hazar, Hartwing and Salyar troops raided the family compound leaving it utterly destroyed after an hour long bombardement through dropships. Later on the corpses of a good dozen Inquisitional Stormtroopers and several Azores Household Guards were brought from the ruins.

In the aftermath of this the Holy Synod was convened and the Archon of Mirrodan was burnt at the Stake for Heresy, House Azores was declared Repentia Extremis and would atone for their sins by serving the Church for the following twenty years.

During these events Wilhelm Al-Hazar and Alruna Morgarten were finally wed in a small, private ceremony by Grand Inquisitor Kramer.
In a final twist House Azores was sent to support the Imperial Crusade on Vengeance.

But not only that House Al-Hazar,Hartwing and Salyar each were rewarded in their own ways.

A new Archon needs to be elected for Mirrodan - the noble houses can use this to their advantage
House Azores has been declared a Penitent House, they will serve 20 years the Church of Holy Light.
Seralt Azores has been declared a Heretic and as punishment will serve the rest of his life as Crusader in the name of the Church
Rembertha Knytwall will take up service in the Ecclesia Sacerdoris
The Child of Fia Al-Alard will be given to the church and raised by it
House Salyar recieves 5 Imperial Marks
Wilhelm Al-Hazar and Alruna Morgarten are married

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2015, 02:49:53 pm »

Valerian basked in the silence of his chamber. He observed the capital and the city, the fading sun revealing the myriad lights that flew to and fro, ascending into the heavens or moving slowly in the orbit. The brilliance of orbital lights was reflected by the affairs on the surface, where a blackened pole of the burned clergyman still stood. A bitter irony, where vile barbarity still existed among the stars, where mankind survived through tools of progress and science yet shackled those to superstition. Valerian gave a single chuckle.

"Sir?" a lieutenant of the Hartwing Guard entered, summoned by his lord earlier on.

"Summon Sigmund al-Hazar to me. Please tell him its...important that I speak with him before I get back to Vengeance."

The man straightened and snapped his heels together. "Yes my lord."

As the officer left, Valerian turned back to the maps and astrogation charts and ruminated over the displayed information. They were still tucked away in a single small corner of the galaxy. Terra was lost in the reaches of space, and rest of mankind lived in absolute darkness. And there were other portents of doom that he found hard to ignore...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2015, 03:40:23 pm »

For house Azores, the end of the events had proven rather humbling and humiliating. Of course, given the terms of the sentence, revenge was very much fresh on the minds of the house (minus Rembertha, but her loss means the house doesn't need as much food anyway).

Still, they had five years to prepare for the storm. And under the cover of it they would lay out the plans for vengeance as it shouded and protected them while it took it's toll.

Seralt and Ranult enroll in the military academy. The church is told to wait in regards to it's crusader given that it would be for their benefit if Seralt had a degree of military acumen. Furthermore, it opens the doors for house Morgarten and house Salyar to enlist generals and to enroll themselves from the academy at a price of one mark per person. Houses Hartwing and Al-Hazar are barred from hiring or enrolling given recent events, and as promised a sect of the church is allowed to enroll and enlist their personnel as they please.

In regards to their bargains with some of the sects of the church, house Azores donates five marks to a specific sect which shall remain undisclosed at this point.

Issradi raises two fleets, one from Tansera's fiefs and one from Fia's, and begins exploring and mapping the demon's eye system, claiming any world discovered for house Azores alone. Emperor be damned if he wants any of it.

Fia, Sorak, Aerys, Tansera and Rynal continue managing fiefs as normal. Though all would return to Agri-prime after the compound had been reduced to rubble, some would say as a sign of them snubbing the imperial capital and the emperor's authority.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:54 pm »

Sigmund entered the room with the pace and style of a military man, despite his limp and more recent wounds at the hip. He bowed as he approached the Emperor.

"Your Grace. You wished to speak to me?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »

"Sigmund. Good to see you, I hope that the recent events weren't too straining on you. Congratulations on the wedding. Quite a success wasn't it?"

Valerian took a seat and smiled at the al-Hazar Patriarch.

"I am soon returning to Vengeance, war there needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent. I wish I could send more troops elsewhere, but alas, if one planet draws so much forces in, I can hardly wage conquest across several systems, can I?"

The smile waned somewhat and the emperor leaned forward with his hands clasped. "I need an eye to keep the affairs here and elsewhere in order. I can hardly think of a better fit than yourself. Imperial Eye will succeed no doubt with you as its Prefect. At the same time, I do not expect you to be doing this and exploring simultaneously, which means that your exploration fleet is relieved. You are still free to explore however and claim as you wish - I do not believe that anyone will be able to claim all the usable worlds and travel is dangerous at the moment anyway."

The emperor leaned back. "What say you?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]