Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moddable furniture  (Read 851 times)

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moddable furniture
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:02:27 am »

Beds, chairs, cages, tables, coffins, armor stands, weapon racks, and boxes. They are all furniture items defined entirely within the Dwarf Fortress executable.  They all behave in a similar fashion during production, construction, and pathfinding.  I propose the consolidation of these furniture items into a single item type, "FURNITURE", defined by a single raw file, "item_furniture.txt", with tokens defining their usage, similar to how tools are defined.
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Moddable furniture
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:09:35 am »

One of the long term goals is to move furniture (and pretty well everything) into raw files, so that users can modify/view/whatever it for themselves.
You can be assured that this is something Toady plans to work on. He doesn't seem to prioritise anything, though, so we can't tell when he'll get on to it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 05:55:49 pm »

He's prioritizing inns and taverns right now. Hell, those are pretty furniture-related things.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 04:06:54 am »

He's prioritizing inns and taverns right now. Hell, those are pretty furniture-related things.

Which is why it would be a logical time to implement a generic furniture system.
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:15:49 am »

Goblin bone chairs with elf leather padding for everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)