Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire fortress  (Read 1113 times)

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire fortress
« on: January 13, 2015, 05:17:36 pm »

Hello,
I got a bit bored with DF lately. After thinking for some time as to what would be some interesting variation on the gameplay, I've wondered. Is there any way to make your first 7 Dwarves all vampires? Ideally making them able to infect the migrants as well?

I'd like to gradually make a full vampire fortress of superhuman dwarves, not just add a flag that adds vampiric properties to every dwarf. It should be a challenge to survive and fully contaminate, rather than just a variation on the same.

I hope this isn't too unreal.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire fortress
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »

You can't make the starting seven into vampires, but after you get a migrant vampire you can make the old poisoned well trick and forbid all the booze so every dwarf becomes a vampire.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:56:11 pm »

The only way to spread vampirism is to make your dwarves drink vampire blood, which you can do by making a vampire bleed into your cistern. It's actually pretty easy and fairly common compared to other gimmick fortresses like werebeast fortresses, but you have to get a vampire migrant, you can't start with vampire founders in your first 7.

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 06:13:37 pm »

Aww, I hoped it would be easy. Well, I guess I'll go vampire hunting then. Thanks for the reply's!

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:10:35 pm »

Aww, I hoped it would be easy. Well, I guess I'll go vampire hunting then. Thanks for the reply's!
Don't worry, when he will arrive... you will see him, soon or later. But you must have above 80 folks. Look for white hairs!
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.