Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dreams of ruling the world  (Read 1386 times)

BenTGaidin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dreams of ruling the world
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:47:37 am »

So in my latest fortress, I've had several migrants arrive who have... ambitions. Specifically, it says that they've a goal of ruling the world. One of them is a 13-year old with no skills. She likes mules for their stubbornness, has a great feel for social relationships, an ability to read emotions fairly well, and little patience.

My question is, will appointing her Baroness satisfy her, or will I have to also arrange for an unfortunate accident for the Monarch, once I can entice them to my fortress?

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of ruling the world
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:31:51 am »

Use DFHack to take control of her in Adventure Mode and slaughter everyone in the world.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 02:35:28 am »

The first one of those I got was a vampire with a 200 kill list. I killed every last one of them I had after only to realise that it wasnt only vampires.

That said it probably was my crusader kings 2 gut feeling to never trust anyone ambitious.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Csponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:47:51 am »

Not related to the topic, but currently in my fortress I have a vampire dwarf with over 3000 kills. Checking legends sais he basically was born at world gen, became cursed, and quickly left his home as not to harm his fellow dorfs. From what I can tell, he has only a few dwarf kills that, for story's sakes, seem to be self preservation. He had the ambition to master a skill, which he achieved as legendary biter...

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:51:34 am »

It's Toady's way of saying some dreams were just not meant to be.