Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who has the highest value fortress  (Read 3314 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Who has the highest value fortress
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:44:30 pm »

I just want to know how ridiculously wealthy a fortress can get. Please post screenshots of your status screen and see who has the most wealth right now.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the highest value fortress
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:53:45 pm »

No screenshots for me. 

I did hear about somebody having over 1 mil wealth on the forums somewhere.  I know that once you start ripping out artifacts it can be quite easy to get wealth.
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:59:43 pm »

Here's my fort right now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »

I don't mean to spoil you victory, but
Spoiler: 36 million (click to show/hide)
This fortress is pretty young. Most of this wealth actually comes from a single artifact adamantine statue. (with like a bazillion gems in it).
When statues are built, they count as furniture, displayed items and architecture. So I basically got three times the value out of this single absurdly valuable artifact.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »

That's pretty awesome. I only just struck candy in this fort, and used all of it to make two mail shirts lol

I'm a little terrified to dig more of it, I've never really fought clowns.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 10:20:12 pm »

This makes the circus alot less terrifying
Dwarven Checkers

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 12:26:03 am »

I usually hit about 6 million by the time I'm bored. Encrusting every single furniture item requires so much micromanagement...

Csponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 06:00:51 am »

The blue artifacts are just named regular weapons and shields, none of them are above 2000 urists.
Got a baron with legitimate progression, however I got a king through family succession. Both his wife and child died early in the forts history due to an unfortunate cave-in, his only remaining daughter isn't a resident of my fort, not sure if she's alive or dead... I hope she's alive because I would love to get a count, and duke for once...

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 06:18:41 am »

Its not that hard if you focus on churning out things that are valuable. Iron/copper trap weapons and golden statues or perhaps massing gold/silver crafts all are good ways of exploding fort wealth. Just focus on getting to the magma and getting some magma forges/smelters and its pretty quick as well. Of course lucking out or starting with a weaponsmith/metalcrafter with high skill sure helps as well.

Even wooden spiked balls can easily end up being worth 1k if your carpenter has good skill. Simply because that 126x Value is so damn good.

Besides you dont need much of a defense if your fort has a long corridor completely smack full of serrated iron discs and spiked balls.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:20:59 am by Findulidas »
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Arkangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 06:22:00 am »

Wealth is pretty easy to accrue if you set your mind to it. I'm currently at 22 million created wealth and 58 million exported wealth, making 80 million total wealth. And I'm not even really trying, most of that is just prepared meals.

edit for screenshot:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:26:46 am by Arkangel »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:01 am »

can anyone top 36 million?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 09:22:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The blue artifacts are just named regular weapons and shields, none of them are above 2000 urists.
Got a baron with legitimate progression, however I got a king through family succession. Both his wife and child died early in the forts history due to an unfortunate cave-in, his only remaining daughter isn't a resident of my fort, not sure if she's alive or dead... I hope she's alive because I would love to get a count, and duke for once...
I would just like to comment on the names of some of your artifacts, The Simple Climax, the Eater of Saints and Holdrumour the Momentous Violator. Sometimes I wonder if the name generator is truly random. Also, Noiselesstouch the Citadel of Neutrality sounds like some NPC fortress in a RPG.
I do stuff, I guess

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 10:09:34 am »

I remember a having fort with 9 million and artifacts turned off. An interesting observation was that I couldnt get a population higher than 460, no new migrants would come. I wonder what is the relationship between wealth and max possible population.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 10:24:05 am »

I once had a fortress with a value over 100 million.
I used DFHack and the Planepacked glitch, so it doesn't really count.
Around 90% of that wealth was from one artifact.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 10:49:09 am »

Here's my last fort after corking the HFS:

Spoiler: Wealth of Searingmines (click to show/hide)

Some of the precious stuff got vaporized by the clowns but I'm not sure if it shows in the wealth totals.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?