Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding soldier training  (Read 651 times)

Gemini

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Regarding soldier training
« on: August 26, 2006, 09:50:00 pm »

I've noticed, like many others have by reading the forums, that military dwarves seem to practice with one another very rarely, esspecially melee dwarves. Even when the squad is standing down, it seem definetly a blue moon occurance. New recruits that I've added to a squad seasons ago are still at Dabbling level.

However, for a good portion of time in my most recent game, my dwarves practicied for quite some time, some of them getting actually fairly good. At some point, they stopped. And, thinking about it, it seems like their ceasing their practices seemed to correlate to the first time I told the squad to station somewhere. They haven't really resumed since.

Does anyone else have any similar observations?

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding soldier training
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 12:55:00 am »

It's good that they're not practicing very often, cause they can easily cripple each other during sparring.

Gemini

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 01:12:00 am »

Really? Mine never got injured, and all of them were about at skilled, at least.

bloodyfool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 04:24:00 am »

It's strange, sometimes my soldiers will barely train at all for a season and then they'll practically train non stop the whole following season, usually resulting in a death and a couple of bedridden cripples.