Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40.13] Wounded miners won't move  (Read 528 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
[40.13] Wounded miners won't move
« on: January 09, 2015, 09:40:52 am »

Recently, while trying to dig a channel with purposes involving rotting food and butchered puppies, a cave-in happened and my two miners and a kitty were knocked unconcious (Both had their legs broken). I demanded the cook (Who is btw a high master miner) to dig to the place where it happened, but when he got there, he just "meh, wounded dorfs and a kitten" and leaved. After a while, a stray cat came and took the kitty with him (Which by the way, was the more wounded than the dwarfs). After more time passed, a dwarf brought water to them, by the time he did that, they weren't unconcious anymore, but they're just standing there, doing nothing. I have no hospitals.

I remember having a dwarf wounded by a giant kea in the same version, it was on the outdoor meeting hall. I demanded some soldiers to kill the bird and the dwarf, after waking up, crawled toward his room and rested, but for some reason, the miners aren't resting. Also, while writting this, i forgot to pause my DF and THEY'RE STILL THERE. They're also drowsy.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
Re: [40.13] Wounded miners won't move
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:51:49 pm »

You are suffering from a bug that was fixed in a more recent version. I would highly recommend updating if only for that reason. As for your problem, though, I believe the most prescribed workaround was to either drop a hospital zone on top of him and hope a doctor would go feed/water/fix him, or build a cage trap under him and when he falls asleep from exhaustion, the trap will trigger. Then you can cart him into the hospital via the cage.