Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So goblins didn't come....  (Read 414 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
So goblins didn't come....
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:42:08 am »

Some days ago, I left my game running while doing other things. When I returned I saw a pause message: a vile force of darkness has come. I tried to raise the bridges, but found I couldn't because the burrow was poorly designed so dorfs never clear the bridges. Eventually I got bored and pulled the lever, not without getting some dorfs killed though. What was worse, I trapped my military inside.

So I closed the game without saving.

Today I noticed, the goblins didn't come after that incident. It has been two years. I wonder if they got stucked somewhere or they just decided my fort was not worthy?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:47:06 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So goblins didn't come....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:10:26 am »

I had an issue with a dark tower invasion force that refused to move. My attempt to get them to actually attack only caused my single weapon equipped (untrained) dorf to charge (29:1 aren't great odds), so I crashed the game and reverted to an earlier save, but they didn't come in that version (for the next few months). Eventually I went back to my save just after the invaders had come, and managed to actually get them to attack, which the usage of some masonry and civilian bait (I've made a separate post about that). My previous experience with magical beast attacks (FB/Titan/Were...) was that the event was scheduled, so something would appear at about the same time, although not the same kind every attempt, but it might be that invasions are not (which is a bit strange, since DF has a world simulation that ought to track that invasion force, I thought).