Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Colour of material in uniforms  (Read 548 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Colour of material in uniforms
« on: January 06, 2015, 01:33:40 pm »

Can parts of uniform be selected via the colour of material used? Or is that "colour" section usable only on dyed armor parts?

I have tried selecting armor made from pond turtle shells (showed as green "]") as "colour=green", it didn't seem to work.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
Re: Colour of material in uniforms
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:48:30 pm »

The color of the material does effect/apply to uniform selection by color, yes,
but I don't know if, for example, "brown shields" will take the next best match via "tan shield" or "chocolate shield",
depending on the exact "color" the wood or leather is.
The "partial matches" thing is a bit opaque to me.
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colour of material in uniforms
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 01:56:49 pm »

The color of the material does effect/apply to uniform selection by color, yes,
but I don't know if, for example, "brown shields" will take the next best match via "tan shield" or "chocolate shield",
depending on the exact "color" the wood or leather is.
The "partial matches" thing is a bit opaque to me.

From wiki: Partial matches means that if a dwarf cannot satisfy an equipment assignment, he'll substitute something close; if toggled to Exact matches, he'll go without rather than making do with a substitute.
I am not sure if it really means "tan" is taken as a colour similar to "brown" by game, though. I rather think it means he will not see any "tan shield" and use just "<any colour> shield", so it means one or more of those type/material/colour restrictions can be not-fullfilled.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)