Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gems and furniture  (Read 571 times)

Headless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gems and furniture
« on: January 05, 2015, 09:40:06 pm »

How do I know what furniture I have put gems on?   I never trade gems, from time to time I select my gem crafter and cut as much as I can on repeat.  Now what?  I select encrust but from this point on I can't tell if any thing happens?

Thanks

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Gems and furniture
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 11:45:43 pm »

Use "t" to look into the workshop at the furniture stored there and examine it, there will typically be extra brackets that show the quality of the decorations. You will see sentences for each of the gems that was encrusted, same with furniture and trade goods decorated with metal, bone, wood, or any other material...

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 10:52:06 am »

Headless: You can select which piece of furniture to place when placing furniture by pressing x. The ones with the <<these things>> are the gem-encrusted ones.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 11:59:35 am »

(response to spambot removed)

Yar, if you've built the furniture, use "t" to look at it, otherwise maybe "k" for items in stockpiles.
And like Authority2 said, don't forget you can switch the view during selection while building things so that you can see the quality/decoration of the items instead of just item material type.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:04:26 pm by Toady One »
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!