Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: missing jobs plz help.  (Read 639 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
missing jobs plz help.
« on: January 04, 2015, 01:13:25 pm »

Hello I am having a strange problem with jobs missing from my still

for some reason when i go to add a task to the still, the only available selection is "extract from plant" and "make meed"

does anyone have a fix for this because all my dwarves are dying of thirst in every game i play.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: missing jobs plz help.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 01:18:03 pm »

You need a brewable plant, plump helmets for example and a container to hold the brew, like a rock pot or barrel.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 01:18:46 pm »

if i dont have that then the job dosn't show up in the still menu at all?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 01:20:59 pm »

I thought you meant it was redded out

If it isn't present at all, that sounds like a raw issue. Have you been messing with them recently?

Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »

The few main reasons for failure to brew are:
- Lack of brewable plants: either non existent, or not available to the still. The plants have to be set to Brew in the kitchen menu (which they are by default), the plants have to reside in a reachable stockpile, and if that stockpile is linked then you also have to link a barrel stockpile. Also note that dofs eat produce raw, so even if you produce some plump helmets, none (or only a few) may remain when you start brewing. I typically have a near crash in the first winter because of this.
- You have to have barrels (or pots) to put the brew into.
- You have to have a brewer who's available (you obviously had one, since that skill is required to build the still).

Your symptoms indicate that either plants or barrels are unavailable.

Others answered while I typed, so there is an overlap.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 01:35:38 pm »

I installed the obsidian tile set but i did it manually so that i could avoid this issue.

and yes the job is completely missing not just red text.  the only jobs listed in the still is extract from plant and make meed.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 02:54:47 pm »

Is there any way to fix this so i can play the latest dwarf fortress AND be able to brew drinks at the still?

I have been playing dwarf fortress for over 5 years now and i have never encountered this bug.

If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 03:03:33 pm »

Use an up-to-date graphics set instead of obsidian. Obsidian is only compatible up to .34. If you paste it over a .40.x install, it will overwrite the .40 raws with _obsolete_ and _dysfunctional_ .34 raws.

Going by the wiki, Ironhand graphics should be sort-of compatible with DF2014. All _tile_ sets (not graphic sets!) only change the pseudo-codepage, so should be compatible as well.