Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vanilla (40.21) raws question: Fanciful Creatures  (Read 1744 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vanilla (40.21) raws question: Fanciful Creatures
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »

I poked my nose into this raw today and saw that the three beasties in there have the tag [DOES_NOT_EXIST]. Has anyone out there made up stats for them (Chimera, Centaur, Griffin) that I could stick in there so that these creatures spawn?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla (40.21) raws question: Fanciful Creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:25:39 pm »

I poked my nose into this raw today and saw that the three beasties in there have the tag [DOES_NOT_EXIST]. Has anyone out there made up stats for them (Chimera, Centaur, Griffin) that I could stick in there so that these creatures spawn?
There are two tags of interest.  [FANCIFUL] makes it known to all civilizations so that it will appear in artworks and such, and I think prevents anyone from having a preference for it or its products.  [DOES_NOT_EXIST] allows you to skip most of the creature definition because it will never spawn.  The tags tend to appear together, but don't have to.

The original question still stands, though: has anyone built these creatures?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:42 pm »

As far as I remember, the DF Chocolate mod had Centaurs and griffons as creatures.
I do stuff, I guess

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »

I don't know if there are any for version 0.40, but I'm fairly certain that they have been made before.

I know that Genesis had centaurs as a creature that would build civilizations. I believe that there is a version of Old Genesis updated to 40.15, and may be worth a look.

Dwarf Chocolate has at least centaurs and griffins.

I suppose trying to throw the creature names into the forum search option may be a bit quicker in getting results, though you will most likely have to update the creatures you find to match the current version.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 01:45:54 am »

thanks y'all. I'll take a peek at genesis.. havnt played it in ages, and if its updated, cool
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 07:00:11 pm »

It would be a simple enough task to write the creature raws, if you can't find a mod that does this already. The most complex it would get is possibly requiring custom body templates for the chimaera and the centaur to account for their unusual body structure.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »

Not fully necessary for centaurs. There is already a centaur-like body template. Though it is more like a four-legged humanoid than an actual centaur.

I believe the template is called HAND_FOOT_CENTAUR, though it may also be called HAND_FOOT_CENTAUR_NECK

The only thing you would have to do to make a quick-and-easy centaur would be to give it hooves instead of feet.

Imunlaukr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 04:23:29 pm »

I made some raws and body parts for the elusive Chimaera. It might need some playtesting in actual worldgen, since I've only used it in arena mode so far, but the errorlog is clear, at least! It is a megabeast, it's fire-breathing and venomous, but lacks the goat head (mainly because it's useless, but I could easily add it). Here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Report any bugs/tweaks, I learned a lot creating this one!