Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike III: Centaur Bowcaster  (Read 8487 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike III: Centaur Bowcaster
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2014, 04:49:25 am »

But it's one HP twice every dungeon room without costing us a cent, I guess I dislike fey trickery simply because I like abilities that are dependable, because with Fey trickery, our strategy falls apart after about two rooms each dungeon while novice healing gives us 2 HP split between either character every dungeon room with the potential for upgrades further down the line.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 05:31:47 am »

Fair point, there. Still, I think it would be more interesting to use new mechanics such as that skill instead of the bread-and-butter heal-the-tank and fight and repeat. And it is just the tutorial; we won't be needing a healer as badly right now, and if Weirdsound is nice he'll let us go to a town or inn before the next dungeon to heal up and find a new party member.

FAKEEDIT: Also, just took a second glance at our inventory. Bubbles would be better off with the T-shirt, sorry Tulip, since he'll be doing a lot of killing. I owe you a soda. (Which clears up some need for healing, since if we have crap loot or are dying we can trade our stuff for soda.)

With the Necklace of Lights, along with Fey Trickery, Tulip could become a glass cannon of sorts. Her powerful spells along with her maneuverability will allow her to nuke opponents just enough for Bubbles to finish them off with an arrow to the knee. Which leads to soda. Which leads to buffs and healing.

(@Weirdsound: When the Holiday Cola shirt trades in loot, does it also take the money we get from the enemy?)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2014, 06:06:11 am »

Actually, what spells does the necklace of lights give her? For all we know it could be exclusively healing spells, though it does say 'powerful'.
Alan help.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:25 am »

Healing spells wouldn't be bad, and if they aren't healing spells anything else can't be much worse than what she has right now.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:57 pm »

When the Holiday Cola shirt trades in loot, does it also take the money we get from the enemy?

"Yes. Yes it does. You will get some potions for it, but not one for each coin picked up."

What spells does the necklace of lights give her? For all we know it could be exclusively healing spells, though it does say 'powerful'.

"Well for one it grants the Red Nose of illumination, which allows the players to draw a straight line on the dungeon map and se- Ohohohoho! Wait! I see what you are doing there! If you want to know exactly what the necklace does, either have somebody put it on, or find some higher form of item identification."

Did this encounter count as a room for the purposes of food?

"I feel the distant pangs of hunger creeping up upon me! I do posit that this encounter did indeed count for dietary purposes."

See if the GM will allow us to find a way to melt all three candy rapiers a bit and sort of stick them all on top of each other like a lance. We are literally half-horse. And a knight. It just seems fitting.

"Umm... I don't see why not. Item crafting without a proper feat or spell is very hard, however, and I don't think this party has the means to melt stuff at the moment."

Combine the rapier and the Gun, repeat with the other two pairs respectively, Have tulip equip all three at the same time, one for each hand, and a final one Hanging from her pinkie/belt when appropriate.

"Tehehehe..... thats just... silly... I like silly."

+1 Chemistry between Shadestyle and Tulipsparkles

Empty the marshmellows from the 2 shot and 3 shot left pistols and see if they can also be used as food.

"Brave Sir Bloodhoof grabs up two of the guns from his fallen foe, and empties their chambers of Marshmallow Ammo. Once removed from the guns, the rounds distort and inflate a bit; It will be impossible to get them back in under normal circumstances. They do, however, look quite edible, if not a bit fattening."

The 2 and 3 shot pistols have been emptied!
+1 Marshmallow Ration!

---

"Whelp. I hope that is enough information to decide who gets what loot, and what levelup Tulip will be taking. We also need a vote on which room is to be visited next if we are to go any further. Check the last turn for the dungeon map."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2014, 02:37:03 pm »

Let's have Tulip put on the necklace. We should also have her take the healing ability to see if we can make her into a full fledged white Mage later on. Tulip should use the Rudolph spell to see if going straight forward is a good idea.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »

Okay, now the problem is that next room, we are going to lose one ration, and one room after that, the same, then next, one more lost, then a grace period, then two lost, then none lost, then another grace period, then it repeats because bubbles needs to eat once every two dungeon rooms, while tulip needs to eat every three and we can pretty much agree that the gingerbread and Marshmellow rations are not something to ever be eaten.

So on that, I say we should take the left path and just keep going on up from there, considering the middle one has five rooms, so we would lose... 5 rations instead of just 3.
Also, 1+ to novice healer.
Alan help.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »

Tulip should also equip a rapier in case of emergencies.

If an enemy teleports right beside her, she should still have a chance. Also +1 to taking the left path
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2014, 09:45:08 pm »

+1 to Tulip getting the Necklace.

+1 to healing ability.

I think we shouldn't eat the gingerbread rations. It's basically the sweetened corpse of a gentleman. If and when we encounter more gingerbread gentlemen, we should return their, um, remains to them along with the empty pistols and two of the rapiers, flattering them that their noble friends were worthy adversaries. Tell them we're keeping a pistol and a rapier as trophies to remember our skilled foes by.

Be as noble and polite as possible and say that you seek simple passage through the dungeon.
Dying of laughter?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2014, 09:49:22 pm »

Also the fact that we would get permanent debuffs if we are at any point unlucky while eating them.
Alan help.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2014, 11:20:37 pm »

It is entirely possible that, as candy, the gentlemen would prefer to be eaten rather than buried. We could insult further gentlemen by soiling the memories of their comrades by not eating them. I do agree that we should avoid avoid the debuffs though. I say we keep it, but make sure it is hidden unless someone asks for the bodies to bury them.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 07:55:44 pm »

Ptw
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]