Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are you doing for Christmas? (2014 edition)  (Read 1993 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing for Christmas? (2014 edition)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »

Sleeping in. Might wrap some presents later in the day and clean up a bit.

My SO and I exchanged gifts last night. I got her a lovely necklace to match earrings I got her for her birthday, and a new 10" skillet since she'd been saying how we didn't have a good-sized skillet to cook with. And she got me a year's subscription to a magazine all about North Carolina (which I really dig), and a pair of vibrating, heated footwarmers (it's like slippers but stuck together so you can't walk in them).

My kids and her daughter are going to be here this weekend (and possibly her son too, which would be a HUGE step forward) and we'll have gifts and stockings for all them.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2014, 07:44:46 am »

Had a blast as always, I love getting away from Paris to see the family.

Also got an artifact shirt :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2014, 09:14:58 am »

Nothing. Being Russian means the new year is basically our Christmas. So ask me then.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 02:47:06 pm »

Opened presents at home. I got my mom some psychology books and she got me some little snacks and a new pair of jeans. My family at least accepts that I'm atheist, so I was able to politely excuse myself from the church bit. Later today we're going to go have dinner at my sister's place. My nephew's present was from the red Power Ranger, so I'm sure his little mind is blown. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2014, 03:04:05 pm »

Received book money (yay!), a large assortment of chocolate, and a few books, including one in Russian (Дванадцать Стульев- is it any good?)

Got the best friend/love interest a scarf and a grocery store gift card (since she's poor and can't eat scarves), and various others loaves of family Christmas bread.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2014, 05:34:39 pm »

The 12 chairs(that's the translated name) is a fantastic book. It's a comedy though so you might not like it. Also some of the jokes only make sense if at some point lived in communist russia.

Still a good book
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 06:03:45 pm »

Marathoning movies and eating pizza. We started with Let the Right One In (which is ah-maaazing), moved on the the remastered and complete version of Devil's Express (an old mixup of blaxploitation and cheesy cut-rate kung fu originally released as "Gang Wars" in a cheap bid to sell tickets after the success of The Warriors), then some MST3Ks, then Crank, then the original Seven Samurai. Dunno what's next. My family has excellent holiday traditions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »

Well, I'm a bit late here, but the same thing I do every Christmas; try to take over the world! Err, that is, open presents with my family then go to the grandparents. S'okay.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 10:26:58 pm »

Hanging out with my brother and his wife, stuffing my face full of his delicious cooking, watching game of Thrones, playing Terraria, and generally getting fucked up. It's pretty swell compared to the normal family Christmas.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2]