Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nicknames  (Read 509 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Nicknames
« on: December 23, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »

I know we can do it for fort members, and I know it was suggested for animalsl but what about longtime residents?

That FB who's trapped but not destroyed, that kobold thief you caught in a cage and chained up; or those three undead ducks that wont leave the map (:P)?

The list could go on.  The berserk caravan you won't let leave, the elven princess, the olm man vampire diplomat you sealed away, Every Terrifying biome ever, etc.  In get attached to these things!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:26:40 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Re: Nicknames
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:40:54 pm »

Great idea! I think it would be nice to assign them names that dwarves understand so they can mock or glorify them in art based on what you called them

This is an engraving of a dwarf and elves. The dwarf is slaughtering the elves by the hundreds at a time. Gore is flying and the bones are turned into masterwork finished goods. It relates to the defeat of the elven siege by UristMcBadass in the year 156.
Or you could just let the children roam free and natural selection will take care of them.
I'm now picturing an elf wrestler trying to suplex my battlements.