Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird Archery Error  (Read 508 times)

SnowWhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird Archery Error
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:58:00 pm »

I set up a 3x6 room next to my barracks with three archery targets at the end.  After reading in the wiki that overlap was okay, I made all three of them archery ranges.

Some Marksdwarves showed up, and shortly thereafter one gave the error "...cancels shooting at archery range: no floor space."  

I figured the overlap wasn't working, so I freed two of the archery targets, leaving only the middle one an archery range and got the error "...cancels shooting at archery range: no party area."

It's shaped like this:

XXX     where the X's are  
    o++     the archery targets,
    o+o     the o's are stones,
    +++     the +'s are floor,
    o++     and the D's are
   D+++     doors.
      D

The archery targets are set to shoot from bottom to top, and I've been setting the room size so it's 5 tall (so the bottom most floor between the doorways isn't included in the archery range).

Any ideas?

quot;...we literally tore a hole in the mountain, and slept in the mud for THREE YEARS while we waited for these tower caps to grow, and you come dancing in here, clutching your grass and berries like you''re Armok''s Sodding Gift To Dwarves, and tell us

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Weird Archery Error
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 12:06:00 am »

code:

XXX where the X's are
o++ the archery targets,
o+o the o's are stones,
+++ the +'s are floor,
o++ and the D's are
D+++ doors.
  D

So the stones are just free stone on the ground?  That won't matter.  "no floor space" means that the archer couldn't find a place to stand.  You could check to make sure they are all bottom to top, or you could try another direction in case the text is messed up somehow.  The "no party area" (now changed) means that when you destroyed the room, an archer was grumpy about that -- the archery targers all need their own rooms.  Overlap won't matter.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!