Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speed Issues  (Read 417 times)

Ahaz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Speed Issues
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:19:00 am »

Hey, sorry if this has already been gone over, but is there any way to change the speed at which DF runs? For some reason just recently, everything has been accelerated insanely fast.
For example, the voices that are supposed to say "Beyond...Quality" in the intro are going so fast they only get halfway through "Beyond" before saying "Quality".

EDIT: Nevermind, seems to have fixed itself. Still, anyone know what I did?

[ October 13, 2006: Message edited by: Ahaz ]

Jandrews

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:02:00 pm »

I asked a similar question before.  As far as I know, there is no way to adjust the game speed (which is dependant on your system and the number of calculations the game needs to make).  When you start a new game and have only snow white and the... er.  I mean you have only the seven dwarves, so the game will run blazingly fast.  When you get somewhere around 150+ and have carved out a massive section of the cave, the game goes s...l...o...w......, especially if you have an older system.

Not sure about the voices.  I've never heard them... sounds like a personal problem.  If you're hearing voices, seek help.
 ;)

[ October 13, 2006: Message edited by: Jandrews ]

Mea Culpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Issues
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 06:04:00 am »

I recall there are some old-style app speed booster in old days of UO...

This is the link. http://count.crsky.com/download.asp?ID=22733

Note that this is a Chinese software that you might have language support issue.

Warn: This can be a malicious program. Do not use this on any online game! And save your games regularly.

[ October 15, 2006: Message edited by: Mea Culpa ]

[ October 15, 2006: Message edited by: Mea Culpa ]

olier Than Thou!