Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: puppies born outside the cage  (Read 940 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
puppies born outside the cage
« on: February 25, 2015, 02:19:47 am »

Has that been changed? But now the puppies were all born outside the dog cage (40.24).
If they were GCS or something wild, my dorfs could have had unexpected fun.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: puppies born outside the cage
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:58:05 pm »

Most likely they were born inside the cage but your dwarves set them free since they weren't actually assigned to the cage. When "setting free" a hostile creature, a dwarf will stuff it into a loose cage instead of just letting it out.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 04:18:38 pm »

Puppies born to caged mothers are born inside the cage and are automatically assigned to it. I've no idea what's going on in your fort, my dog cage (0.40.24) behaves normally.

Did you allow some puppies for adoption? Dwarfs can adopt animals in cages and will release adopted animals. Adopted animals will also not be put into cages. Check your dogs, quite likely a few weren't caged in the first place.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:03:41 am »

Puppies, that were born after you ordered the cage to be transferred to trade depot, but before the trading is finished, will be released from the cage.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.