Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hidden fun stuff question  (Read 333 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
hidden fun stuff question
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

Hidden fun stuff questions here, if you dont know what im talking about you may want to turn back now.

So I hit some raw adamantine in the worst possible place, right in the middle of my main downward staircase this means i had to move it over a bit so the demons wouldnt have instant acces to my entire fort but having never fought them before I have some questions:

1. can they destroy rewalls? and if i dug a tunnel and rewalled it so that they had to go through the nearby cave would they get into fights with the giant cave spiders?

2. Who is most likely to win, 28 giant cave spiders an ettin and a load of other cave creatures or the demons?

3. what kind of military am i likely to need to fight them? Im guessing my current  5 dwarves armed and armoured with 2 leather armours 2 bone bows and 3 copper picks are likely to stand about as much chance as a noble that just mandated some glass on a sandless map.

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
Re: hidden fun stuff question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

1. Rewalls are currently as invincible as unmined walls.

2. Depends on if the demons are spirits of fire, and just ignite them all at once.

3. I don't know, haven't fought them before.  Cave-ins are supposed to work well, but would probably be less fun than a slaughter.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
Re: hidden fun stuff question
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

I once emptied a pit with spikes linked to levers set to "pull lever/R". The bronze spikes melted, but they were really hurt and i only lost a few dwarves. Build steel pikes and you should be fine. Of course, it's not fun!