Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting for men(dwarfs)  (Read 1060 times)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Hunting for men(dwarfs)
« on: November 23, 2007, 05:20:00 am »

In my newest fort I set a dwarf to hunt with a warhammer. To bad the only creatures to hunt was groundhogs. So lately my cliffwalls has been painted red from flying critters.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting for men(dwarfs)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:30:00 am »

Wait, what? What does this have to do with hunting men?
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:28:00 am »

He didn't say he was hunting men. He said it was hunting FOR men. In other words, none of the sissy namby-pamby shooting things from a mile away nonsense. HIS dwarves get up close and personal with their prey  ;)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:36:00 am »

I gave my dwarf a spear and watched him chase a horse for a few seasons.  ;)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 10:39:00 am »

Ohhhh... I get it now.  ;)
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

The true manly (dwarfly) way to hunt is to get a dwarf with high ambush and wrestling, then send him out to strangle camels or the like  :).

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 04:22:00 pm »

I put my mayor on hunting duty, once he'd levelled as much as he could from engraving, just so that I could load him up with armor and a weapon.  Okay, so I wussed out and gave him a crossbow.  He managed to corner one little marmot on the top of cliff, and the thing went berserk.  My little mayor whacked the varmint with his crossbow and the thing went flying off the cliff.  The perfectly agile mayor managed to shoot him with three more bolts before he hit the ground.  He was dead when he landed.

This same mayor once decided that one marmot wasn't enough to feed the fort, so when he found a group of three, he just went after them all, didn't even bother returning his kills.  The only problem was a sasquatch just behind them that got struck with a stray bolt.  The mayor shot down the last marmot and checked his quiver.  One bolt left.  He let fly.  I don't even know where the sasquatch got hit.  It was dead instantly.

I put my original miner on hunting duty too.  Wrestling.  I love to watch him run into the herds of macaques and rip their bodies in two.

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

Epic.
Dwarf fortress.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nil Eyeglazed:
<STRONG> I don't even know where the sasquatch got hit.  It was dead instantly.
</STRONG>

Probably belongs in suggestions but this reminds me, it'd be nice to be able to inspect wounds on corpses.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 08:41:00 am »

The best part was when a groundhog flew into another groundhog and killed him....to bad there is no DOUBLE KILL text in this game :)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.