Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Researcher's Study Help  (Read 809 times)

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Researcher's Study Help
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:33:26 pm »

I have been having issues with the Researcher's Study workshop. Mainly, with researching the Herbalism Lab. It would logically be easy to provide two plants, paper, seeds and an empty barrel but the task stays red. Is there some kind of bug or is there some sort of trick to get it to recognize that I have the correct reagents? I have noticed that sometimes workshops don't recognize when the reagents for a task are available for seemingly random things; such as when I couldn't use a wood splitting block when it was located inside a walled off area, but works when placed outside.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Researcher's Study Help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 11:25:55 pm »

Try having the manager do it, Sometimes gets it unstuck.  Search "burrows bug" for more.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 12:02:59 am »

Huh, I never heard of the burrow bug before but I think I've been bumping into it quite a bit lately since I have been embarking on stupidly dangerous embarks that require the use of burrows early and often.

I tried doing it through the manager and it seemed to work, though ether the study doesn't count paper made from the screw press as "papyrus" or some dwarf is hauling it around in a bin. Either way, thanks for the help.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 12:09:43 am »

Sure, glad it helped.