Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cancels store item in stockpile: Could not find path spam (40.14)  (Read 2242 times)

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile

Just recently after breaching the caverns and setting up a few cage traps, my dwarves have constantly been spamming that they can't store an item in a stockpile because they can't find a path, for whatever reason. I'm not sure what the problem is, whether it be a bug or some odd problem I'm having. I have not setup any stockpile links, so that's not the problem. (DF Version 40.14)

Save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10137

rjs71053

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cancels store item in stockpile: Could not find path spam (40.14)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 11:41:25 am »

I would bet they are trying to get refuse (a piece of something that got murdered down there most likely) out of the caverns from a place you can see on your map, but which a path through the undiscovered fog has not yet been found.  The usual suspect is a cave connecting two different cavern layers that you haven't found the entrance/exit (or both) yet.  The dwarves know the refuse is there due to, for an example, an exploratory tunnel that breached a wall and exposed a small amount of cavern, but that a path has not yet been uncovered from where you just purposefully breached the caverns to the refuse itself (even though one exists to be found if you look for it).

Pause the game and go through the areas you have discovered and look for the rotten bones of something, will most likely be a scattered pile, and mass forbid (d-b-f).  If you can't find the refuse, mass forbid everything exposed in caverns that is not in your immediate working area, including under water.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Forbid

You could also disable the job orders for gathering refuse indoors, or get rid of your refuse stockpiles, but that would cause other issues.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: Cancels store item in stockpile: Could not find path spam (40.14)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:44:58 am »

Ah yes, that seemed to do the trick! Thanks for the help!