Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Decisions and Choices Thread.  (Read 755 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Decisions and Choices Thread.
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:12:40 am »

Sorta wondering why there isn't a thread for this kind of stuff.

Basically. This thread is for getting an outside viewpoint on minor/mediumish choices or decisions.

Like when you have a mental debate with yourself on doing something or making a decision.

If the choice is major, it probably belongs in Life Advice. But your call.

Rules:

Constructive feedback/suggestions only. Offering alternate viewpoints is fine, making stupid jokes about stuff important to people is not.

Don't start fights, give your opinion and possibly something to back it up, don't argue for the sake of arguing. Keep it friendly.

Don't talk down to people. If someone is considering something you would never do, don't be mean, just state your opinion if you feel strongly about it. Don't fight though.

Know when to disengage. Sonething personally I think a number of forumites and former forumites due to bans could have known. Self Restraint is a very useful thing to have. This thread may give a little practice.

Additional rules may be added as needed.

Spoiler: My dilemma: (click to show/hide)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Decisions and Choices Thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »

Seems like a good idea - the thread, I mean. I think I once made a thread in life advice on whether I should asked someone out, and some fun was had; but by the time I'd found out whether she had a boyfriend, she got one. Sounds like the type of question for this thread.

@Namechange: My initial reaction would be don't. It's just a pain in the arse to remember who's who, especially if they're not around all the time. Hell, even with Caroline it took me several months to adapt!
That doesn't trump any personal reasons of course, it's just convenience.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:57:52 pm »

My avatar ish not going to change if I do it, so peeps will probs adapt.

Although yahs. It is a pain in the arse for peeps if I namechange. Which is part of my deliberations.

And honestly I was a lil surprised that this wasn't a thread before I made it.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 04:20:59 pm »

I dunno. I like to keep things consistent, so I wouldn't change it, but then you seem to have additional reasons to do so.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.