Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some opinions about r855, i just started playing LCS again.  (Read 1676 times)

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some opinions about r855, i just started playing LCS again.
« on: October 10, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

Ok, i was shocked with the very lot of changes that the game had since release lol, the very first change i noticed is... OMFG MUSIK LOLOLOL.
Ok now serious, after i see the liberal multiple city mode and the stalinist, they looks like good, but i have a few problems with them.

I dont know if im used to play nicer or what, but now the police get heated up so damn fast, i was just starting as my founder doing a bit of credit fraud to start recruiting, that same week i was raided by police, da fuk?

The next game i was recruiting my cyber-terrorist squad, but i was going to get some groupal hacking to cap the juice to 200, wow, our heat skyrocketed to 275+%, no way i could escape the raids, each time i changed safehouses, i got raided in less than a week, wow. (Although is nice that your founder can escape prison now)

While i like the multiple cities, having to land in the homeless shelter each time i move pretty much forbids it to use it as storage, because my very heated dudes will just trigger a raid the next day there.

So looks like the cyberterrorist method (get 5 sweatshop workers, do credit fraud while founder makes ceramic armors, kill stuff while progressing the public opinion), no longer works? Now the police acts quicker?

And a last question, actually there is a way to make the legal fundraising (donations, t-shirts, etc.) be at least viable economically?. I dont know if that is the point for being legal, but illegal stuff gives much more money.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some opinions about r855, i just started playing LCS again.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 10:51:06 pm »

So looks like the cyberterrorist method (get 5 sweatshop workers, do credit fraud while founder makes ceramic armors, kill stuff while progressing the public opinion), no longer works? Now the police acts quicker?

It still works, just not as easily. I agree that it's too hard (difficulties used to be classified as 'formidible' to avoid detection; now they're 'superheroic'. There is a level between those two, 'heroic', which is probably best). However, if you have police sleepers, you can always still dodge the ensuing raids.

And a last question, actually there is a way to make the legal fundraising (donations, t-shirts, etc.) be at least viable economically?. I dont know if that is the point for being legal, but illegal stuff gives much more money.

It's quite economical - you just need a lot of people doing it, which is easy if you're patient and rely on seduction to recruit. Making money illegally is more lucrative, but yes, more dangerous.

That's part of the idea behind Liberal Crime Squad - there are slow, safe methods, and quick, dangerous methods. You need to pick a strategy that changes public opinion quickly enough to prevent Reaganization, and, now, Stalinization, but at the same time safe enough that you can pull it off successfully.

Aster11345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some opinions about r855, i just started playing LCS again.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:11:38 pm »

I found an easy way to hack/credit fraud without the cops raiding you. Every few days of hacking, monitor the heat on the safehouse, if it gets above 10/20% stop hacking and wait for the heat to die down, then repeat.

It's quite easy to make a lot of money with donations...Just offer the children at the factories a nice home as long as they can pay rent ;). Basically just recruit children from the factories and have them solicit donations. 5 of them earn about 50-70 dollars a day.