Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Isomer - The Reverse X-Com/Dwarf Fortress/Minecraft Mashup - Abandoned?  (Read 13469 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Isomer - The Reverse X-Com/Dwarf Fortress/Minecraft Mashup - Abandoned?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2015, 01:44:49 am »

Eh, this is teh internets, but despite it, calling for someones death just because they are shitty game devs is far over the top.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isomer - The Reverse X-Com/Dwarf Fortress/Minecraft Mashup - Abandoned?
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »

I've always been in favor of a time-limit for early access. I really don't believe that early access ever has, or should, be for games that are so early on that the end date isn't even in sight.
Obviously there should be room for this to shift, but if there are no updates in over x amount of time, Steam should really make the call.

Granted, this might end up with developers making ridiculous mini-updates just to postpone that, but it'd be very obvious, and I don't doubt that they'd rather just call it one way or the other. They could then take the doublefine route and call it finished, but DF did not escape that lightly - EVERYONE knows about it, and they've lost a lot of cred due to it.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]